Choosing the right paving contractor for your home paving project is the most important first step to ensuring a successful and stunning-looking end result.
Here are some useful tips to help you find the right paving contractor.
- Get recommendations from your family or friends that have used a specific contractor before and that they were satisfied with the end result. If they were happy the chances are you will be happy too.
- Search for “paving contractors” on Google and look at the organic results first, the companies that are featured by Google without getting paid are the ones that Google have analysed and believe will provide you with the best results.
- Check their credentials, it is always a good sign if they are a registered contractor with their local Master Builders Association.
- How long have they been in business? Experienced contractors are much better at understanding the scope of your project and ensuring that all aspects of the scope of work are considered before you get your quotation. The last thing you want is some nasty additional cost surprises during your project which the contractor did not factor in originally because they were not experienced enough to anticipate certain circumstances.
- Get more than one quote, this will help you access what each contractor can and will contribute to your project. Be wary of contractors who quote far below the others, as this may be a sign of low-quality work and brick products.
- Ask for references – A reputable contractor should be able to provide you with a list of references from past customers.
- Consider their work guarantee, how long after the work is completed will they continue to guarantee their work? A well-trusted company like SA Paving offers a 25-year guarantee.